I’ve seen it many times throughout the years—companies that believe their potential client base for Aftermarket & Reverse Logistics services is already rearing to go and ready to buy. They assume that their prospects have already made a decision and are currently in the market. However, only about 3% of these potential customers are actually ready to buy today and, most likely, came to this decision without any prior exposure to your company’s marketing campaign. How then to attract that remaining 97% who have not yet made a decision to buy? Are they considering it? Not interested? Vaguely open to the possibility? Because of this disparity, your business’s marketing strategy ought to hinge not upon your company’s specific capabilities but upon the reasons a potential client should buy in the first place.
Your business must find a way to capture the attention of any “still not yet decided” prospects and get the wheels in their heads to spin. Increase the chances that, even though they’re not buying today, they could become buyers tomorrow. Education Based Marketing is a market-data centric strategy that puts the emphasis on trends and hard info rather than descriptions of the company itself. The data you present in an Education Based campaign must deal with broader, overall trends to increase its effectiveness, in addition to a “meaningful message”, aka the Unique Selling Proposition (USP). This component of Education Based Marketing is extremely important: it focuses on the kinds of challenges your prospective customer’s business might face and provides solutions without necessarily pushing your own agenda.
How to create a great “Meaningful Message”
-Make sure to include analysis of current challenges in key areas of market interest
-Measure the impact of industry-specific challenges as they apply to your target market and your ideal customer
-Examine multiple strategies for addressing these challenges, then identify the optimal solution
-Show what the benefits of said optimal solution are in dollars and cents
-Build market awareness of your services
-And finally—put your company at the epicenter of this “preferred solution”. Present your business as the ultimate provider of the optimal method.
Having a solid Meaningful Message in your Education Based marketing campaign will elevate your prospects significantly because you are selling yourself as an expert. Potential buyers will trust your insight and will turn to your company when they are ready to pull the trigger and make a purchase. The Meaningful Message defines the selection criteria for the necessary solution and then shows how your company specifically meets all of these needs. Your potential customer base will be at attention once they can understand the problem, which will put them in a position to make a move and buy if they feel you have the solution.
Additionally, your Meaningful Message will serve to educate your sales team and provide them with ways to effectively win new business. This strategy also gives your business material to use in future white-papers, presentations, press releases, and more—all valuable components to the overall package.
Visit our site today to learn more about how we can help your business cultivate its own Meaningful Message and provide your potential clients with the power of knowledge.